Director of Information Technology
PurpleLab™ is seeking to add a Director of Information Technology to our growing team. The Director of Information Technology is responsible for the overall information technology (IT) strategy and operations of the company. This includes ensuring that the company’s IT systems are secure, reliable, and compliant with all applicable laws and regulations, such as SOC 2 and HiTrust. The Director of Information Technology also plays a key role in developing and implementing the company’s digital transformation initiatives. This position is a part of the Information Technology team and reports to the CTO.
- Develop and implement the company’s IT strategy
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the IT department
- Manage the IT budget
- Hire and manage IT staff and third-party help desk providers
- Ensure the security of the company’s IT systems
- Ensure the reliability of the company’s IT systems
- Ensure the compliance of the company’s IT systems with all applicable laws and regulations including HIPAA, SOC 2 and HiTrust
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in IT leadership
- Proven experience in developing and implementing IT security programs
- Proven experience in managing IT projects
- Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Life Sciences or CRO a plus
- Experience with SaaS applications and cloud computing
- Experience with security frameworks such as SOC 2 and HiTrust
- Experience with conducting risk assessments and implementing security controls
- Experience with incident response and disaster recovery planning
- Experience with working with regulatory agencies
- Experience managing an outside help desk provider
A background check is required for this role.
PurpleLab™ is a Healthtech company with a mission to spur value-driven innovation in healthcare to improve outcomes for patients. HealthNexus™, the company’s no-code analytics platform empowers life sciences, payers, providers, and other stakeholders with real-world evidence to solve conventional and emerging challenges faster and more cost effectively.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties or responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.